Security

Upgrade 7.3.2 to 8.0, any browser gives incompatible message

glennv

As in title. Straight upgrade and any browser i try (al latest versions, chrome, firefox, safari) give the message about incompatible browser. revert to 7.3.2 and all normal again.

What could cause this ?

0 Karma

glennv

Unfortunately no. Was the first place i looked.
I think i will just wait a bit for a couple of point releases and try it again if it turns out i am the only one with this issue.
Not missing any features and current release server me well.

0 Karma

glennv

ps already cleared browser cache and splunk cache folders as suggested in post i found on similar issue around splunk 6 upgrades. Did not help

0 Karma

jacobpevans
Motivator

If it helps at all, unfortunately, I've had my own issues with 8.0.0. My first fresh install failed with no indication as to why.

Are there any errors in your splunk logs immediately after trying to open the webpage in browser?

Cheers,
Jacob

If you feel this response answered your question, please do not forget to mark it as such. If it did not, but you do have the answer, feel free to answer your own post and accept that as the answer.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...