ohhhvictor
Path Finder

I didnt use AWS ubuntu
alt text

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @ohhhvictor

ok, I see. Are the linux screenshots made using putty or similar or it is a screenshot of the AWS console? How you connect to your server? Do you know a public IP of your server?

ohhhvictor
Path Finder

thank you Pavel..For some reason I was not able to login yesterday..today I finally made it!

thank you so MUCH!

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @ohhhvictor ,

is this a vmware/hyper-V setup? can you post output of following commands on the linux side:

ip r
iptables-save

and post a screenshot of the network settings of the VM machine (NAT, bridged or host-only) and of of the vmware network editor (Edit > Virtual Network Editor > NAT > NAT settings).

If you use NAT for your VM machine, then configure the default gateway as configured in the NAT settings of the virtual network editor. If you use bridged, then the IP of the VM machine is in the same network as your host, so set the default gateway accordingly.

I hope it helps

to4kawa
Ultra Champion

your computer's setting is wrong.
ipconfig and check default gateway.

0 Karma

ohhhvictor
Path Finder

alt text

alt text

configuration looks ok..but it s not working..
no firewall

0 Karma

tauliang
Communicator

What is the setup? Is there a firewall or proxy between your browser on Windows and the server running Splunk? What happens if you do ping or tracert the server from the client Windows machine?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...