Security

Trying to start a Splunk forwarder with Citrix 3rd party as domain user, why am I getting a 1067 error (process terminated unexpectedly)?

Michael_Carlisl
Explorer

I'm hitting a 1067 error (process terminated unexpectedly) when starting the service. If I make the user a local admin or a domain admin, everything works fine. I don't want to do this for security reasons. Is there a way to just grant the rights the service account needs to get this service started?

Thanks!
Michael

0 Karma

jconger
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Check out the guidelines on what the Windows account needs? -> http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.4.0/Installation/ChoosetheuserSplunkshouldrunas

Are you using one of the Splunk Apps/Templates for your Citrix environment? If so, in addition to the guidelines above, you will need to make sure the account is a Citrix admin in order to run the necessary PowerShell cmdlets.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...