Security

Splunk web service not coming up

gkumarashanmuga
Explorer

Hi @Mayurr98,

We are facing issue while restarting the splunk services the web console is not availble , but the splunk services are up and running fine.

We can see the message after restarting the splunk services like " Waiting for web server at https://127.0.0.1:8000 to be available................................................................"
Its keep on going..We couldn't see the login page

And one more thing, I checked web port and it is showing 8000 and i cross verified by using netstat -an | grep 8000 ,No results coming.

Regards,
Ganesh

xpac
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Did you take a look at the splunkd.log for any warnings, errors, etc?

0 Karma

gkumarashanmuga
Explorer

The issue got resolved now , I have installed new app and the permission of that app is root , After changing the permission ,I from root to appropriate sudo user,then i just stopped and started the splunk services , the issue got resolved

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...