Security

Splunk web service down but splunkd is running

Nik_Shafiq

Hello,
I have encountered an accident where my splunk search head is not accessible via web. I checked the splunk service in my server and found out splunkd is running perfectly. I cant restart splunkweb from cli since the website is not accessible, hence i restarted splunkd and that resolved the issue.

What could have caused the issue to occur?

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi, on my system, i have around 52 splunk services running.. and when i grep 8000(my splunk webport), it is also one of the splunk service.

[splunk@mysystem ~]$ ps -ef | grep splunk | wc
50 502 7207
[splunk@mysystem ~]$ ps -ef | grep splunk | wc
52 523 7400

[splunk@mysystem ~]$ ps -ef | grep splunk | grep 8000
splunk 39808 37129 0 21:45 pts/0 00:00:00 grep 8000
splunk 87301 85616 0 Dec21 ? 00:23:34 /Data/splunk/bin/python -O /Data/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/root.py --proxied=127.0.0.1,8065,8000

so, splunkd and splunk web services are two different processes.

As you are a member here at splunk answers, just thought to update you that, you can upvote any answers/comments and if any answers resolved your query, please "accept that as the answer", so that question will move from unanswered queue to answered queue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...