Training + Certification Discussions

What can I use to study for the Splunk power user exam?

rezdrake
Explorer

Hi guys,

I've just flunked the exam for the second time with the score of 73% :(.

I must admit some of the question are really tricky and not really the same as the ones in the Quiz provided in the course.

Appreciate if you guys can give some advice for the next exam.

It would be really helpful if you guys can share if there is any previous question that i can try to practice on.

Look forward to your respond and thanks in advance.

Now let me go and have some peaceful moment to reflect back on my exam sob sob

Labels (1)
Tags (4)

cert-team-admin
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hello to new comments on this thread, 

The best way to study for an exam is to review the topics in the blueprint and follow the recommended learning path for that exam. Exam questions can also be pulled from Splunk docs, our Youtube channel and professional experience. You can find all of that information on the certification track pages, within the blueprint. 

Here is the link to the Power User Track page

Note: The exams are not tied one-to-one with the courses and may have questions outside of course material.

Let us know if you need any other help.

Happy testing! 

- Certification Team 

0 Karma

easy02
Observer

Hello guys, please I'm new to this course, I want to take the exam, but I don't have study materials,

please, can someone direct me on how to get study materials,  I will be grateful if someone  can help and guide me.

thanks in advance.

0 Karma

emancini

Hi Rezdrake
I can understand you, the certification exam has been really difficult and harder than the final quiz.
Have you managed to find somthing useful for the exam preparation, other than the course material (in terms of module quiz or pdf documentation of the course)? Such as exam blueprint or the collection of quiz?
Thank you
E.M.

0 Karma

rezdrake
Explorer

Thanks for the advise guys. Will try my best on the next Exam. wish me luck.

Appreciate your help .

malisushil119
Loves-to-Learn Lots

did you manage to clear the exam?

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Doing additional practice of the search command (not just the one given in course material) would help understand the commands better and thus helping you with tricky questions. You got the course data with you so just play with it.

0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

I found lots of the answers straight in the provided pdf of the course. Search them when answering difficult questions...

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The exam questions are based on the course material. Answer the exam questions based on what was covered in course, not on your personal experience. There may be more than one "correct" answer to a question, but the one to select is the one given in class - even if you know a better answer from other sources.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

easy02
Observer

Hello Bro, please how  can I have access to the class, I am new to this platform. please i will appreciate if you can guide me.

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma

easy02
Observer

Hello,
please how  can I have access to the class, I am new to this platform. please i will appreciate if you can guide me.

thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...