Security

Splunk indexing while the license expireed

indikawimalasir

Hi,

My Splunk license is expired ang getting renewed. IN the meantime should I be able to add data to splunk and get it indexed?

What I know is after license expiary only the searching capability will be restricted.

I was trying to upload the sample file from the Splunk to do a test for Add Data but it gives me a message "Unable to process the file". This is the sampledata.zip file. But whwn i upload a new file it just previews it perfectly. So it means there should be any connection with the license expiry. Does it mean Splunk can not process zip files? if so why the sampledata.zip given as the illustrator.
Please see below link.

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.1/Tutorial/GetthesampledataintoSplunk
Thanks.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

dwaddle
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There should be no limitation on adding new data while you are in license violation. However, there could be something about doing via the upload process (as opposed to tailing a file/directory) that is causing an issue here. Of course, I would recommend trying the same file on an install that is not locked out. You could spin up a trial copy just to see if it makes a difference.

indikawimalasir

HI,

Yes i did a trial install and tried the same Sampledata.zip from Splunk. It threw me the same error.
I am just wondering whats wrong. Tried with the debug but still no luck.
If i do a plain text file then i can upload no issues. Issue is with the zip files.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...