Security

Splunk SDK user access permissions required

reswob4
Builder

I've had a couple of python scripts that use the sdk to pull search results running for a couple of years. This week I'm upgrading those scripts from python 2.7 to 3.7. I also upgraded the SDK from 1.6.0 to 1.6.6. I'm on Splunk 7.2.3.

But suddenly the username/password of the special account created to be used by the script gets Logon denied errors.

I validated that the username/password works by logging into the browser and by going first to port 8000 on the SH and then to port 8089 on the SH. I go to port 8089 and click on services and type in the username password and I am granted access.

However, when I run the script, it raises the following:

AuthenticationError("login failed.",he)
splunklib.binding.AuthenticationError: Login failed

If I use my admin account, of course everything works.

The special account has user/power permissions. Is there another setting/permission I need to enable?

Thanks

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...