Security

Splunk SAML Assertion X509Certificate

maffreitas
Path Finder

Hi all,

Do you know the procedure to change the SAML Assertion X509Certificate (= server.pem) for a certificate signed by a third-party?

Regards.

0 Karma
1 Solution

suarezry
Builder

I'm not sure if you're referring to changing the certificate of your Identity Provider or your Splunk Service Provider. Take a look at the authentication.conf spec.

The settings you're looking for are idpCertPath, clientCert, and caCertFile.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

suarezry
Builder

I'm not sure if you're referring to changing the certificate of your Identity Provider or your Splunk Service Provider. Take a look at the authentication.conf spec.

The settings you're looking for are idpCertPath, clientCert, and caCertFile.

0 Karma

maffreitas
Path Finder

Thanks @suarezry, the question is regarding the Splunk Service Provider (SPmetadata.xml).

0 Karma

suarezry
Builder

Great, once you change the settings in your authentication.conf you'll have to restart your Splunk instance or reload the authentication config. Then you'll need to regenerate your SPmetadata.xml and confirm that XML has the new certs. Then you'll need to pass this to your IdP.

Let me know if you have any further questions. If not, please accept this answer.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...