Security

Single Value Not working Since 4.2

RicoSuave
Builder

Hello,
I have a dashboard with several singlevalue modules within different panels. We recently upgraded to 4.2 and the single value module doesn't populate at all within firefox 3.5 When referencing the error console, i see a lot of warnings for skipped to next declaration, declaration dropped, error in parsing value etc. All of these errors are from view.css and default.css

However, the singlevalue module still works in IE8, but the graph that is also supposed to populate underneath it doesn't.

Any ideas?

0 Karma
1 Solution

David_Lanstein
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'll file an issue internally right now, thanks a lot for taking the time to figure it out.

David

View solution in original post

0 Karma

David_Lanstein
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I'll file an issue internally right now, thanks a lot for taking the time to figure it out.

David

0 Karma

David_Lanstein
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Awesome, thanks.

0 Karma

RicoSuave
Builder

No problem. Another thing to note is that i find the exact opposite behavior in IE8. In IE, the single value module populates but not the charting module if they are placed within the same panel. Hope this helps.

0 Karma

RicoSuave
Builder

So i figured out what the issue was and it looks like it might be a bug. Essentially, in 4.2, if you place both a single value module and a charting module in the same panel, the single value module will not show up. This is in firefox.

Can anyone else test for this issue and report back? Please keep in mind that pre4.2 i didn't have this issue.

0 Karma

David_Lanstein
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi,

Could you give an example XML snippet? I haven't seen issues with SingleValue to date, on the page that the 'Summary' link takes you to (/en-US/app/search/dashboard_live), it seems OK to me (SingleValue handles 'Events indexed', 'Earliest event', 'Latest event'.

Thanks,

David

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...