Security

SAML response from ADFS

llopreiato
Engager

Hi all,

we are trying to configure Splunk on premise (7.3.6) to work with SAML and ADFS but we are stuck with some errors:

with signedAssertion = false we see in internal logs:

ERROR Saml - Failed to parse issuer. Could not evaluate xpath expression //saml:Assertion/saml:Issuer or no matching nodes found. No value found in SamlResponse for key=//saml:Assertion/saml:Issuer

with signedAssertion = true

ERROR UiSAML - Verification of SAML assertion using the IDP's certificate provided failed. Error: start node xmlSecNodeSignature not found in document

Any suggestions?

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

llopreiato
Engager

We solved our problem by following Splunk support suggestion to remove encryption from ADFS as specified in chapter 13 of this guide:

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/configuring-microsofts-adfs-splunk-cloud.html

View solution in original post

0 Karma

hschuhkn
Engager

Had the same error message to an adfs server with encryption and in my case this worked, dont know if it is correct.

I added the encrypted private key to signAuthnRequest certificate, which  is this authentication.conf parameter:

[saml]
clientCert = cert_and_encrypted_private_key.pem

The password of the encypted private key was configured to the parameter sslPassword of the same stanza 
sslPasswort = 

No this parameter could be set to true:

signAuthnRequest = true

and reloaded authentication to let the sslPasswort be hashed.

Worked for me.

0 Karma

llopreiato
Engager

We solved our problem by following Splunk support suggestion to remove encryption from ADFS as specified in chapter 13 of this guide:

https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/configuring-microsofts-adfs-splunk-cloud.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...