Security

SAML Configuration: What does "you must use the same signing certificate on all search head members" mean?

w199284
Explorer

Today, I use CA signed certificates on all search head cluster members. These members are behind a load balancer. The load balancer DNS name and the unique host name (per server) are present in the subject alternative name. The server certificate is part of a chain along with Intermediate and Root certificates. This all seems to work fine.

I need to configure SAML, and have, for a single member. I can't make heads or tails of the "configuring SAML in a search head cluster" doc. According to the doc, there is a common "signing certificate" I need to copy to the other members. What is this? Has anyone had experience with SAML configuration in a search head cluster? Your thoughts are appreciated.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...