Security

ProxySSO authentication failed to process groups header

chclemence
Explorer

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Proxy SSO authentication, with PingAccess, for Splunk Enterprise v7.2.5.1.
But whatever I try and configure on Splunk side, I obtain this message in the splunkd logs :

DEBUG UiAuth - Value of header returned=<user id>
INFO UiAuth - ProxySSO authType not configured, no groups header processing
ERROR UiAuth - user=<user id> action=login status=failure reason=sso-failed useragent="Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/61.0.3163.91 Safari/537.36" clientip=<proxy sso ip>

Here is my authentication.conf file:

[authentication]
authType = ProxySSO

[roleMap_proxySSO]
user_0 = P_SPLUNK_CONSULT-DATA-ALL_PUBLIC
user_1 = P_SPLUNK_CONSULT-DATA-IT_INTERNE
user_2 = P_SPLUNK_CONSULT-DATA-IT_CONFIDENT
admin = pg_splunk

And my web.conf file:

[settings]
SSOMode = permissive
trustedIP = 127.0.0.1,<proxy sso ip>
remoteUser = REMOTE_USER
remoteGroups = REMOTE_GROUPS
remoteGroupsQuoted = false
allowSsoWithoutChangingServerConf = 1
enableSplunkWebSSL = 0
enableWebDebug = true

The SSO debug page looks well, but the line "Value of REMOTE_GROUPS" remains empty (the user is ok).
And at the bottom of the page, in the "other http headers", there is the header "REMOTE_GROUPS" which contains the right list of groups, separated by commas, without quotes.

According to the groups list and the group mapping rules, the user should obtain the first 3 roles (user_0, user_1, user_2).

What did I miss ??

Christophe

chclemence
Explorer
ERROR UserManagerPro - Error initializing authentication - ProxySSO authType allowed only with SSOMode=strict in web.conf.

Problem solved ...

chclemence
Explorer

Small update:

I added a default role in authentication.conf:

[authentication]
 authSettings = my_proxy
 authType = ProxySSO

[my_proxy]
 defaultRoleIfMissing = user

And the behaviour is the same, I receive an "unauthorized" error, even with the "defaultRoleIfMissing" configuration !

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...