Security

Order Properties in authorize.conf

amielke
Communicator

Is the Order in a Stanza in the authorize.conf important? Is it possible to change the example from the documantation to

[role_ninja]
rtsearch = enabled
importRoles = user
srchIndexesAllowed = *
srchIndexesDefault = mail;main
srchJobsQuota = 8
rtSrchJobsQuota = 8
srchDiskQuota = 500
srchFilter = host=foo

The "srchFilter" is now at the bottom.

anmie

0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI amielke,
I don't find that there are any constraints on the stanzas order in authorize.conf or other .conf files.
Yes, it's possible to change the documentation example, obviously copy file from default folder to local before modifying.
What's your problem?
Bye.
Giuseppe

View solution in original post

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

HI amielke,
I don't find that there are any constraints on the stanzas order in authorize.conf or other .conf files.
Yes, it's possible to change the documentation example, obviously copy file from default folder to local before modifying.
What's your problem?
Bye.
Giuseppe

amielke
Communicator

the answer sounds good. I will create the stanza automatically and some parts a constant and some dynamically.

thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...