I have just had a trail version of Splunk Enterprise installed on my laptop. The install went ok, but I cant get to the login page or open the application, see error. Any ideas? its on a corporate network.
Can’t reach this page
•Make sure the web address http://localhost:8000 is correct
•Search for this site on Bing
•Refresh the page
More information More information
The connection to the website was reset.
Error Code: INETEDOWNLOAD_FAILURE
INETEDOWNLOAD_FAILURE is a Microsoft Edge/IE specific error message.
- do you have other browser installed on your system?
- try to install Firefox (better) or Chrome. During the Firefox installation do not apply network settings (proxy etc.) from the system.
- If you cannot install other browser, then try to download "portable" installs which don't require admin permissions
- check in the browser settings that you have direct internet connection and no proxy configured
- if you have Windows 10 then you have curl command already installed. Open cmd and type in
curl -vkL http://localhost:8000
you will get some output or an error.
As you have the cmd window already open, try other command:
netstat -an | findstr :8000
if you don't see any output then splunk can be running, but not listening on the port 8000.
Splunkd service is running, what do I need to check for in firewall? Apologies, one of the guys from Splunk had been helping us get setup, but havent been able to contact him since lockdown. I take it you mean firewall on laptop, nit the network firewall??