Security

My splunk web server is not loading........It happens with my search peers when i m doing index clustering

Sabareesh
Observer

Everytime when i configure do Index clustering the peer nodes work fine.

When next day I try to open my peer nodes web server will not be loading. Please anyone help me on this?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

First, delete the .swp files in $SPLUNK_HOME/var/log/splunk.  Don't use an editor to examine log files - use more, less, or another read-only tool.

Make sure the directory /opt/splunk/var/lib/splunk is not on a drive shared with other applications or the OS as they could use up space that Splunk needs.  Likewise, the /opt/splunk/ directory should not be shared.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Why are you trying to sign in to the indexers?  Searches should be coming from a search head, not the UI.

---
0 Karma

Sabareesh
Observer

I want to connect my peer nodes.when I give IP:8000 it is not working.when I try to restart from putty .The server available............ It is going on 

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

What are you trying to connect the peer nodes to?  If you're trying to connect them to the search head then stop.  Sign in to the search head and connect it to the indexers.

If you're trying to connect the indexers to each other then don't.  There's no need.  The Cluster Manager will tell the peers how to connect to each other.

---
0 Karma

Sabareesh
Observer

My problem is when I'm connecting my splunk instance through putty

I am seeing this and my server:8000 is not loading also.can you please help in resolving this

Waiting for web server at http://127.0.0.1:8001 to be available............  <---This will go on waiting forever

Tags (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Fix that by turning off the UI.  Add these lines to the web.conf file on each indexer.  Then restart the indexers.

[settings]
startwebserver = 0

---
0 Karma

Sabareesh
Observer

IMG_20210106_233105.jpg

 I am seeing disk space errors in my logs.so my web interface is not working.can you please help me on this

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...