Security

Login for Security Datasets Project

jshewmaker2
Explorer

I have currently tried to login using my standard splunk login information, unable to login. I have tried to log in to splunk.com first and then go the page using the link provided in the email in 2 different browsers. Does anyone know how to log in to the Security Datasets Project?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You have two options:
1: Just open the link from your email again and you should be in again. Just bookmark that url.
2: Take a closer look at the link from your email to see what authentication it uses. When I look at mine, it is pretty obvious (and not even a personally specific user/pass). Won't post it here as Splunk probably prefers people to go through the registration, rather than just logon with credentials found here.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jshewmaker2
Explorer

Resolution found by discussion in comments:

If you are on a new browser/device, the original link you were emailed does not work. Re-registering on the new browser for a new link does work and will take you right in as intended.

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You have two options:
1: Just open the link from your email again and you should be in again. Just bookmark that url.
2: Take a closer look at the link from your email to see what authentication it uses. When I look at mine, it is pretty obvious (and not even a personally specific user/pass). Won't post it here as Splunk probably prefers people to go through the registration, rather than just logon with credentials found here.

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

Note: the URL in the email only auto-logs in from the browser I used to sign up for it. If I paste the URL into another browser, I get a Splunk logon page. Looks I'm dependent on a cookie, which doesn't bode well.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Interesting. My link from march 2018 still worked even though that was registered on a previous laptop and even on my current in works in whichever browser I try it in. Is there a new security data set registration method / environment or so?

0 Karma

jshewmaker2
Explorer

It looks like you are correct, I had to re-register, since I had registered initially on another machine, and was able to get in.

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

When you signed up, did you get a reply email titled "Thank you for your interest in the Splunk Security Datasets Project"? I signed up here, https://live.splunk.com/splunk-security-dataset-project, then got an email with a link that took me straight in.

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

Hmm, but if I log off, I can't log back on. @rkovar_splunk, can you point us in the right direction?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...