Security

Login for Security Datasets Project

jshewmaker2
Explorer

I have currently tried to login using my standard splunk login information, unable to login. I have tried to log in to splunk.com first and then go the page using the link provided in the email in 2 different browsers. Does anyone know how to log in to the Security Datasets Project?

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You have two options:
1: Just open the link from your email again and you should be in again. Just bookmark that url.
2: Take a closer look at the link from your email to see what authentication it uses. When I look at mine, it is pretty obvious (and not even a personally specific user/pass). Won't post it here as Splunk probably prefers people to go through the registration, rather than just logon with credentials found here.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jshewmaker2
Explorer

Resolution found by discussion in comments:

If you are on a new browser/device, the original link you were emailed does not work. Re-registering on the new browser for a new link does work and will take you right in as intended.

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

You have two options:
1: Just open the link from your email again and you should be in again. Just bookmark that url.
2: Take a closer look at the link from your email to see what authentication it uses. When I look at mine, it is pretty obvious (and not even a personally specific user/pass). Won't post it here as Splunk probably prefers people to go through the registration, rather than just logon with credentials found here.

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

Note: the URL in the email only auto-logs in from the browser I used to sign up for it. If I paste the URL into another browser, I get a Splunk logon page. Looks I'm dependent on a cookie, which doesn't bode well.

0 Karma

FrankVl
Ultra Champion

Interesting. My link from march 2018 still worked even though that was registered on a previous laptop and even on my current in works in whichever browser I try it in. Is there a new security data set registration method / environment or so?

0 Karma

jshewmaker2
Explorer

It looks like you are correct, I had to re-register, since I had registered initially on another machine, and was able to get in.

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

When you signed up, did you get a reply email titled "Thank you for your interest in the Splunk Security Datasets Project"? I signed up here, https://live.splunk.com/splunk-security-dataset-project, then got an email with a link that took me straight in.

0 Karma

xavierashe
Contributor

Hmm, but if I log off, I can't log back on. @rkovar_splunk, can you point us in the right direction?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...