Security

gudavasr
Path Finder

I would login using two different logins in two different browsers.
but if I am logged in one browser..it autmatically logs me into other browser using same user id.
I tried this
enable_autocomplete_login = False
but no luck..

How do I do this?

Thank you.

Tags (1)
0 Karma

DaClyde
Contributor

You would need to use two different browsers (i.e. Internet Explorer and Firefox/Chrome/Safari), not two instances of the same browser (two Internet Explorer windows).

0 Karma

Ayn
Legend

What different browsers are you using? If you're logging in as a user through browser 1 and after that also automatically logged in as that user in browser 2, that can only mean that browser 1 and 2 share the same cookie jar. If that is the case, this is no Splunk issue.

Ayn
Legend

If it's just 2 windows of the same browser, running in the same environment, there is no way for Splunk (or any other web app for that matter) to determine the difference.

If you're talking about 2 completely different browsers, then a session in one browser would not be accessible to the other. So if you're seeing behaviour like that, I doubt you're really using different browsers.

gudavasr
Path Finder

I don't want to be automatically logged into browser 2. Is that possible?
I mean, can splunk always prompt for username even if it is logged in on some other browser or 2 instances of same browser?

Thank You.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...