Security

Loading...Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'databases': Error connecting to database: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01045: user EDREPROT lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied

vikas_gopal
Builder

Hi Guys,

I am new to SPLUNK.

I am trying to connect to a Oracle database using SPLUNK DB .While Velidating database connection following error occurs "Loading...Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler 'databases': Error connecting to database: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01045: user EDREPROT lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied".

Please help

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

pmdba
Builder

There is nothing wrong with your connect settings. Rather, this error is proof that you are connecting to the database. The problem is that the database account has not been correctly provisioned. It lacks at least one key privilege (create session). It may be missing others as well. Check with your database administrator to make sure the account is correctly configured to meet your needs.

View solution in original post

pmdba
Builder

There is nothing wrong with your connect settings. Rather, this error is proof that you are connecting to the database. The problem is that the database account has not been correctly provisioned. It lacks at least one key privilege (create session). It may be missing others as well. Check with your database administrator to make sure the account is correctly configured to meet your needs.

vikas_gopal
Builder

Thanks,

You are right this user does not have the privilege to cerate the session .I am in touch with my DBA.Thanks!!

0 Karma

vikas_gopal
Builder

Thanks for your responce Martin, yes user name is correct it is EDReprot only as after changing in the setting with EDReport , SPLUNK shows an error "Error connecting to database: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied".....As per my understanding somethign is wrong with the DB connect ...please correct me if I am wrong , I have just placed ojdbc6.jar file in the $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/dbx/bin/lib directory .That is it or still I need to install or download something ..?

0 Karma

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are you sure the user is called EDREPROT and not EDREPORT?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...