Security

LDAP - shcluster/apps - authorize.conf not showing up in the UI

ppilla
Engager

In a clustered environment roles defined and mapped for LDAP authentication configured in Deployer (shcluster/apps) authentication.conf & authorize.conf , but the role mapping is done in the conf files , but the same is not showing up in the Search Head to the LDAP group ?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

nareshinsvu
Builder

There is no need of a deployer.

On any one Search head of the cluster, you can define an LDAP strategy with 1-2 AD groups and do role mapping.
Wait for some time, the same settings are pushed to the other search heads of the cluster.

It worked for me.

0 Karma

ppilla
Engager

I have a 5 Search Head cluster and am pushing LDAP authentication.conf & authorize.conf from the deployer to the SH's . The changes are getting pushed to the SH's , and are showing up in the SH's authorize.conf & authenticate.conf , but the mapping of the roles are not showing up in the SH's UI and the roles are not mapped.

0 Karma

spectrum2035
Explorer

Pls run the btool for authorize and authentication to see if its there or not?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...