Security

LDAP in Free version work?

inhibitz

I have Free version Splunk. I have difficulty in setting LDAP authentication. I created the connection and the rights assigned to the user. but the user can not enter in web: error "is not a valid username or not such user." LDAP is working in the Free version?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

saravanan90
Contributor

Yes, it works with current Splunk trial version.

0 Karma

higuita
Engager

The free splunk do not have ldap (search free vs enterprise). Some people do a reverse proxy config with ldap authentication to workaround this.

The 30 days demo is really a enterprise version and after some fight i manage to put it working with a Windows Active Directory (AD)... but it will probably stop working after the 30days.

here is my config:

[AD]
SSLEnabled = 0
anonymous_referrals = 0
bindDN = domain\bindusername
bindDNpassword = encoded pass
charset = utf8
groupBaseDN = dc=ad-domain,dc=tld
groupBaseFilter = (objectclass=*)
groupMappingAttribute = dn
groupMemberAttribute = member
groupNameAttribute = cn
host = DC-server.domain.pt
nestedGroups = 1
network_timeout = 20
port = 389
realNameAttribute = cn
sizelimit = 1000
timelimit = 15
userBaseDN = dc=ad-domain,dc=tld
userBaseFilter = (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(mail=*))
userNameAttribute = samaccountname

My main error was the "Group mapping attribute" (ie: groupMappingAttribute in the config), where i put other things and the correct config is dn

0 Karma

gkanapathy
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The Free version does not have functionality for LDAP or any other kind of user authentication.

inhibitz

but I get a log with errors:

04-06-2012 11:04:29.393 +0400 ERROR AuthenticationManagerLDAP - Couldn't find matching groups for user="user1". Search filter="(memberuid=uid=user1,ou=People,dc=domain,dc=com)" strategy="ldap1.int.domain.com"
04-06-2012 11:04:29.393 +0400 ERROR UserManagerPro - LDAP Login failed, could not find a valid user="user1" on any configured servers

ldap work???

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...