Security

LDAP Authentication, single group with multiple strategies.

JDukeSplunk
Builder

My gut and Googling tells me this won't work, but I'd like some backup or a link to direct documentation showing why/why-not.

Is it possible to have Splunk connected to LDAP1, LDAP2, and LDAP3 but only have roles mapped to LDAP1 Groups with user accounts from LDAP2 and LDAP3 present in them. This is a MS Active Directory setup, and of course this works for MS authentication because of trusts.

We have the 3 LDAP strategies currently but each has its own set of Splunk groups for role mappings. The AD folks want to consolidate these down to one set in one domain and add users from the other domains to them.

We have added test users, and Splunk can read the group membership but not as names. They show up as ;

CN=S-1-5-21-448539723-1935655697-839522115-47432,CN=ForeignSecurityPrincipals,DC=COMPANYNAME,DC=com
CN=S-1-5-21-448539723-1935655697-839522115-59596,CN=ForeignSecurityPrincipals,DC=COMPANYNAME,DC=com

0 Karma

corey_dick
Path Finder

You're seeing the same issue as this other user (https://answers.splunk.com/answers/2230/ldap-authentication-users-from-another-trusted-domain.html). It seems that the issue has to do with the way that AD responds back to the query. I'm having a similar issue as the linked problem.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...