Security

Is there step by step documentation for configuring SSO using Okta and Splunk Enterprise 6.5.0?

eric_landry
Engager

I am new to Splunk, Okta, and SAML. I am trying to make sense of it all at this point. I was able to find step by step instructions for setting this up for Splunk Cloud, but I can't seem to find anything specific for Enterprise 6.5.0.

ronerf
Explorer

Do not use the unofficial Splunk app you'll find on Okta. It does not work. Just make a new plain SAML app ourself as shown in the links above.

bennumo
Explorer

Did you get anywhere with your Okta SAML intregration (I know it's been a year.)

0 Karma

rdimri_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You may also want to look at this http://blogs.splunk.com/2016/09/01/configuring-okta-security-assertion-markup-language-saml-single-s... it contains info on configuring okta side as well.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

See Configure SSO with Okta as your identity provider in the Securing Splunk Enterprise manual.

bennumo
Explorer

This is the right answer, however I feel that the guide as written is lacking necessary detail and clarity.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Every page on docs.splunk.com has a feedback form at the bottom. If you are reading a topic that you think lacks the necessary detail and clarity, please submit feedback that tells us what issues you have encountered. If you are logged in to the web site, or include your email address, the doc team always follows up!

bennumo
Explorer

Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...