Security

Is there a way to grant users the capability to create their own apps, but not give them 'Admin' access?

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi,

I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

As an administrator, I am looking to provide functionality for users so they can create their own apps. However, I do not want to give them 'Admin' access.

Could someone tell me please, is there a way that I may be able to do this?

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

My recommendation is to have whoever is developing the app to develop in their own environment. Once they're ready to pass the code to you, you do a final review to make sure it will work with your splunk environment, and then deploy the app for them. Do not let non-splunk admins deploy applications to your platform 😉 for your own sake.

View solution in original post

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...