Security

Index view permission for admin user from one of search heads. Restrictions possible ?

highsplunker
Contributor

Hey guys, i have several search heads in my Splunk cluster. I'd like to restrict permissions for one particular search head (even for admins there). Is this possible?
Thanks in advance!

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Access to indexes is controlled by role. The only way to restrict access from a given SH is to have separate roles on that SH that do not grant access to the restricted index. Since SHs in a cluster share configurations, the only way to have separate roles is to have an SH that is not part of the cluster. You'll need to create a new SH or split one off the cluster (assuming you currently have more than 3 in the cluster.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

Kawtar
Path Finder

Hello @highsplunker

You should create roles if you want that in Access control.

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Access to indexes is controlled by role. The only way to restrict access from a given SH is to have separate roles on that SH that do not grant access to the restricted index. Since SHs in a cluster share configurations, the only way to have separate roles is to have an SH that is not part of the cluster. You'll need to create a new SH or split one off the cluster (assuming you currently have more than 3 in the cluster.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

highsplunker
Contributor

Ok! Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...