Security

If I have forgotten my new admin password to log in to Splunk Web. How do I retrieve or reset it?

dan_dawson

Please can someone help me!

I have installed Splunk Enterprise locally. I have created an account online, and I have successfully set my password to the account and have access to the portal etc.

However, whenever I try to log in to my port 8000 account, I am denied. This is a forgotten password problem and is all down to me. I did use user: admin and p/w : changeme on the first login and subsequently changed it. Yesterday I was happily playing around, but not today.

Please guide me as best you can, as I am a new user, and would really like to get stuck in.... Thanks in advance! I am not an expert in using the terminal window, so if that is the answer, I need a real dummies guide please.

Thanks!

0 Karma

badrinath_itrs
Communicator

Hi ,

If you have forgot your SPLUNK admin password, you can reset it. There are already few questions around this and had been answered in past. Take a look into the previous answers and hope it resolves your problem .

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/834/how-could-i-reset-the-admin-password.html

Regards,
Badri

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...