Security

If I have forgotten my new admin password to log in to Splunk Web. How do I retrieve or reset it?

dan_dawson

Please can someone help me!

I have installed Splunk Enterprise locally. I have created an account online, and I have successfully set my password to the account and have access to the portal etc.

However, whenever I try to log in to my port 8000 account, I am denied. This is a forgotten password problem and is all down to me. I did use user: admin and p/w : changeme on the first login and subsequently changed it. Yesterday I was happily playing around, but not today.

Please guide me as best you can, as I am a new user, and would really like to get stuck in.... Thanks in advance! I am not an expert in using the terminal window, so if that is the answer, I need a real dummies guide please.

Thanks!

0 Karma

badrinath_itrs
Communicator

Hi ,

If you have forgot your SPLUNK admin password, you can reset it. There are already few questions around this and had been answered in past. Take a look into the previous answers and hope it resolves your problem .

https://answers.splunk.com/answers/834/how-could-i-reset-the-admin-password.html

Regards,
Badri

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...