Security

If I have 2 PCs in the same local subnet, how can I run Splunk Web of PC1 from PC2?

NPR
Path Finder

hello.

I have two PCs in same local subnet named like:

PC1:--> machine_A(ip address: 192.168.18.3)
PC2:--> machine_B(ip address: 192.168.18.4)

I want run splunk web of PC1 from PC2.
After I run splunkd of PC2, I run this in browser.
192.168.18.3:8000 but it's not working.
How can i do it ???
thank.

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Is the web interface of the splunk instance on PC1 activated? What kind of splunk environment are you using, i.e. what are PC1 and PC2 - indexers, universal forwarders?

0 Karma

NPR
Path Finder

thank.
Yes, i use splunk interprise 6.2.x on PC1 and PC2

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That didn't answer the question. Is PC1 running a universal forwarder or a full splunk install? It has to be a full splunk install, and the web interface has to be enabled.

0 Karma

satishsdange
Builder

Please use 192.168.18.4:8000 in your browser considering this is IP address of PC2.

0 Karma

NPR
Path Finder

thank.
MR Satishsdance
this ip adress (192.168.18.4:8000) open PC2 splunk or i want open splunk PC1 (192.168.18.3).
how can i do it ?
thank.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...