Security

How to verify splunk Enterprise Management port 8089 is indeed secured with own certificates

vtalanki
Path Finder

Hi All,

We want to enable ssl in our aws splunk Enterprise cluster on management port 8089 with own certs(provided by my company)
I followed all the required steps from various documents and enabled splunkd ssl in server.conf in all splunk components - cm, indexer cluster, sh cluster and deployer

How can I verify that the ssl is correctly enabled and is using our own certs?
I don't see any errors in any of splunkd logs. But I do not know how to prove that splunk instances are communicating with own certs.
Also how is the secure communication happening without client certs? Don't we need both client and server certs in all splunk instances to securely communicate on port 8089(for that matter any port)
Any help is highly appreciated

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @vtalanki,

you can use wireshark or openssl to verify it.

openssl s_client -connect your-aws-server:8089

View solution in original post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...