Security

How to set up multifactor Authentication with Duo Security via Duo Auth proxy on Splunk 6.6.5?

mhigginson
Explorer

I'm trying to setup multi-factor authentication using Duo Security on Splunk 6.6.5. Our Splunk server isn't allowed to talk to Duo's API servers directly due to security restrictions. I have set up a DUO auth proxy server following the guide here [https://duo.com/docs/authproxy_reference. When I go to setup the multi-factor authentication in Splunk there isn't a spot for a proxy server so I'm just specifying the proxy server as the API hostname. I'm getting timeout errors and am not able to finish setup. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to use a duo proxy server for mfa and what they did to get it to work.

Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...