Security

How to set up multifactor Authentication with Duo Security via Duo Auth proxy on Splunk 6.6.5?

mhigginson
Explorer

I'm trying to setup multi-factor authentication using Duo Security on Splunk 6.6.5. Our Splunk server isn't allowed to talk to Duo's API servers directly due to security restrictions. I have set up a DUO auth proxy server following the guide here [https://duo.com/docs/authproxy_reference. When I go to setup the multi-factor authentication in Splunk there isn't a spot for a proxy server so I'm just specifying the proxy server as the API hostname. I'm getting timeout errors and am not able to finish setup. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to use a duo proxy server for mfa and what they did to get it to work.

Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...