Security

How to set up multifactor Authentication with Duo Security via Duo Auth proxy on Splunk 6.6.5?

mhigginson
Explorer

I'm trying to setup multi-factor authentication using Duo Security on Splunk 6.6.5. Our Splunk server isn't allowed to talk to Duo's API servers directly due to security restrictions. I have set up a DUO auth proxy server following the guide here [https://duo.com/docs/authproxy_reference. When I go to setup the multi-factor authentication in Splunk there isn't a spot for a proxy server so I'm just specifying the proxy server as the API hostname. I'm getting timeout errors and am not able to finish setup. I was just wondering if anyone else has had to use a duo proxy server for mfa and what they did to get it to work.

Thanks

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...