Security

How to permanently remove accounts remaining after removing passwd file?

a212830
Champion

Hi,

I am in the process of rebuilding my dev environment, and am taking over an existing search-head that wasn't being used. I upgraded to 6.1.3, and then renamed the passwd file, so that all the old accounts were removed. However, there are still a number of ldap-based accounts appearing, and if I try to delete them via the gui, a message appears saying that "user account does not exist". Is there another place where they need to be removed from? I looked in the passwd file, and they are not present.

Tags (2)

hsesterhenn_spl
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

As far as I understand the docs directories in etc/users are automatically created as long as you can successfully log in via LDAP.

HTH,

Holger

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...