Security

How to enable SSL for splunk cloud with own self signed certificates?

priyadarshan123

I am using Splunk Cloud and I want to use curl without insecure connection for sending data via HEC , What is the process for that and what to do?

Labels (1)
0 Karma

poornimasai
Observer

Hi @PavelP,

I am facing certificate issue, while integrating SAP CPI with Slunk free trail account through HEC, How can i get own self signed certificate??

0 Karma

SNATAR4

I have the same problem with certificates in my CPI setup/

Were you able to fix this ?

//Senthil

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

Hello @priyadarshan123

use --cacert to point curl to the ca cert file

curl --cacert cert.pem https://cloud.address xxxxxx
0 Karma

priyadarshan123

Hi PavelP, How to get the cacert for splunk cloud?

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@priyadarshan123

• where you run curl command (windows, linux, interactive or within a script?)?
  • do you get an insecure error message?
  • where are the "own self signed certificates"? - on the splunk side or on the client side?
0 Karma

priyadarshan123

Hi @PavelP, I run curl within a go program, I do not do client-side verification of the
certificates, but if I want to do then what are the steps to retrieve the certificates?

0 Karma

PavelP
Motivator

@priyadarshan123

if you want to verify the certificate of your splunk cloud instance with curl then follow these advices from the author of curl: https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2018/11/07/get-the-ca-cert-for-curl/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...