Security

How to display a bulletin message in Splunk Web for all users?

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi,

I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I'm looking to send a "bulletin" to all my users to highlight a change we are implementing on our Splunk system so they are all told at the same time.

I know how to navigate to the function which allows me to do this via:

User interface » Bulletin Messages » Add new

But could someone tell me please what value I add to the "Name" field if I want to send the message to all users?

My apologies for what some may consider a dumb question, but it's an area of Splunk I've not looked at before.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
Legend

It's just the name of the message

See here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Admin/Customizeuserexperience

3. Edit the existing message text, or give your new message a name and message text. 
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
Legend

It's just the name of the message

See here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Admin/Customizeuserexperience

3. Edit the existing message text, or give your new message a name and message text. 
Happy Splunking!

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi @renkith.nair, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

So basically once I create the "Message name" and message, it will create the bulletin message for all users currently logged onto the system?

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma

renjith_nair
Legend

The message will be listed under "Messages" for all the users currently logged in and also for new user logins until you delete the message.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi, that's great, thank you for the confirmation.

Kind Regards

Chris

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...