Security

How to display a bulletin message in Splunk Web for all users?

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi,

I wonder whether someone may be able to help me please.

I'm looking to send a "bulletin" to all my users to highlight a change we are implementing on our Splunk system so they are all told at the same time.

I know how to navigate to the function which allows me to do this via:

User interface » Bulletin Messages » Add new

But could someone tell me please what value I add to the "Name" field if I want to send the message to all users?

My apologies for what some may consider a dumb question, but it's an area of Splunk I've not looked at before.

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's just the name of the message

See here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Admin/Customizeuserexperience

3. Edit the existing message text, or give your new message a name and message text. 
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

It's just the name of the message

See here : http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.2/Admin/Customizeuserexperience

3. Edit the existing message text, or give your new message a name and message text. 
Happy Splunking!

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi @renkith.nair, thank you for taking the time to reply to my post.

So basically once I create the "Message name" and message, it will create the bulletin message for all users currently logged onto the system?

Many thanks and kind regards

Chris

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The message will be listed under "Messages" for all the users currently logged in and also for new user logins until you delete the message.

Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

IRHM73
Motivator

Hi, that's great, thank you for the confirmation.

Kind Regards

Chris

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...