Security

How to create new user in Splunk with LDAP Authentication

alexspunkshell
Contributor

LDAP is already configured and i see many users with LDAP authentication.

Now i want to create new users with LDAP authendication. But i don't see any options to choose LDAP authentication. Pleas help here.

alexspunkshell_0-1606466475275.png

alexspunkshell_1-1606466516560.png

@isoutamo @ITWhisperer @gcusello @thambisetty 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @alexspunkshell,

if you have LDAP authentication, you cannot create LDAP users in Splunk, only local Splunk users.

To create new LDAP users, you have to add them to one or more LDAP groups in Active Directory and automatically you'll have them in Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

alexspunkshell
Contributor

Thanks for your clarification!

@gcusello @isoutamo 

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
Just add correct group in AD side those user and then add that group mapping to splunk side if needed.
When you are using AD authentication, you don't / shouldn't do anything else than create those needed roles and map those in splunk side. After those have done new users just created when needed. Of course they much match to your ldap user and group binding rules also.

gcusello
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @alexspunkshell,

if you have LDAP authentication, you cannot create LDAP users in Splunk, only local Splunk users.

To create new LDAP users, you have to add them to one or more LDAP groups in Active Directory and automatically you'll have them in Splunk.

Ciao.

Giuseppe

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...