Security

How to create a user from the command line and require password change upon first login?

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I need to create a user from the command line ("splunk add user") and require that user to change their password when they log in. The parameter for this option is not documented.

0 Karma
1 Solution

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With a little bit of guessing, I discovered that the parameter is "-force-change-pass true"

A complete example is:

./splunk add user alice -password password123 -role user -email alice@acme.com -full-name "Alice" -force-change-pass true

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With a little bit of guessing, I discovered that the parameter is "-force-change-pass true"

A complete example is:

./splunk add user alice -password password123 -role user -email alice@acme.com -full-name "Alice" -force-change-pass true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...