Security

How to create a user from the command line and require password change upon first login?

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I need to create a user from the command line ("splunk add user") and require that user to change their password when they log in. The parameter for this option is not documented.

0 Karma
1 Solution

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With a little bit of guessing, I discovered that the parameter is "-force-change-pass true"

A complete example is:

./splunk add user alice -password password123 -role user -email alice@acme.com -full-name "Alice" -force-change-pass true

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With a little bit of guessing, I discovered that the parameter is "-force-change-pass true"

A complete example is:

./splunk add user alice -password password123 -role user -email alice@acme.com -full-name "Alice" -force-change-pass true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...