Security

How to create a user from the command line and require password change upon first login?

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I need to create a user from the command line ("splunk add user") and require that user to change their password when they log in. The parameter for this option is not documented.

0 Karma
1 Solution

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With a little bit of guessing, I discovered that the parameter is "-force-change-pass true"

A complete example is:

./splunk add user alice -password password123 -role user -email alice@acme.com -full-name "Alice" -force-change-pass true

View solution in original post

0 Karma

bnorthway_splun
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

With a little bit of guessing, I discovered that the parameter is "-force-change-pass true"

A complete example is:

./splunk add user alice -password password123 -role user -email alice@acme.com -full-name "Alice" -force-change-pass true

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...