Security

How to copy savedsearches.conf from one user to another?

hartfoml
Motivator

I have a user that use to run reports for his group. he has left the company. Since I am using scripted authentication most of the users profile information does not show up in the management GUI. I can see the savedsearches.conf for for the departed user and I would like to copy the entire saved search into the new employees profile so that they can take over the responsibilities. I am concerned about the VSID number and what it will mean if I copy or don't copy this number into the new employees profile?

Will this cause a problems when I copy the saved search to the new profile?

1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can remove the vsid attribute from savedsearches.conf and move the file to new user's profile. A Splunk refresh (http(s)://splunk_servver:port/en-US/debug/refresh) or restart will be required.

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You can remove the vsid attribute from savedsearches.conf and move the file to new user's profile. A Splunk refresh (http(s)://splunk_servver:port/en-US/debug/refresh) or restart will be required.

skender27
Contributor

Hi,

I almost have the same issue.
Does it work (removing the row vsid) also when you copy the savedsearch.conf file from an old Splunk Enterprise to a new one?

Thanks,
Skender

0 Karma

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes...!!!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...