Security

How to configure exceptions to proxy config in splunk-launch.conf?

flle
Path Finder

Hi,

to support several external lookups to internet services with APIs I added a proxy configuration to splunk-launch.conf:
HTTP_PROXY=proxy.example.net:8080
HTTPS_PROXY=proxy.example.net:8080

Now I have an external lookup to an API on my internal network which should connect directly but not via the proxy.
Forwarding the connection from the proxy to the internal network is not possible, so I need a solution on the Splunk Search Head.

Question:
Is it somehow possible to configure exceptions which should not go via the proxy configured in splunk-launch.conf?

Thanks & regards

0 Karma

ejwade
Contributor

I couldn't get it to work with wild cards or CIDR notation, but I did get it to work with the following:

no_proxy = fqdn.localdomain, 10.0.0.1, localhost, 127.0.0.1, ::1

The key is no quotes, and IPs/FQDNs fully spelled out.

micahkemp
Champion

I’ve seen the same behavior. Wildcards don’t appear to work, but lists do.

vliggio
Communicator

Something like this:

NO_PROXY = *.domain.com,10.0.0.0/8,localhost,127.0.0.1,::1

You can set this either in your environment variables or in splunk-launch.conf. Either will work.

itradeclayton
Path Finder

yes, there is a "no_proxy" setting, however the syntax is unclear... I'm also trying to find this out.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...