Security

How to configure a role for a user to change their password within their own app?

SecureIA
Path Finder

Hi all,

I have an issue whereby I have created a role which pretty much allows users to simply just look at their dashboards in their own app. However, they cannot change their own passwords.

I have given them the change_own_password capability within the role. Unfortunately, when the users access Edit Account, it leads them to a 500 error.

Would anybody be able to assist or point me in the right direction with this?

Many thanks in advance

1 Solution

SecureIA
Path Finder

By adding list_inputs and rest_properties_get to the user role, the user should then be able to edit their own password. The change_own_password capability also needs to be included of course.

View solution in original post

proyleJDS
Explorer

I also had this issue, did the above, didn't work, was told to add the new role to
etc/apps/search/metadata/local.meta where the user role is and it now works fine.
It's just a permissions issues

0 Karma

puneethgowda
Communicator

I have created new app ABC like sample app and created user called ABC (with roll search and change own password inputlist getproporty) and removed permission to other app to ABC user, now problem is unable to visit account setting page from ABC login.

This is high priority for me any luck with this.

0 Karma

SecureIA
Path Finder

By adding list_inputs and rest_properties_get to the user role, the user should then be able to edit their own password. The change_own_password capability also needs to be included of course.

TonyJobling

this didn't work for me I'm afraid.

0 Karma

atari1050
Path Finder

Are you using LDAP or local accounts?

0 Karma

SecureIA
Path Finder

I am using local accounts sir. I have managed to solve my issue by adding list_inputs and rest_properties_get to the user role.

0 Karma

atari1050
Path Finder

Excellent. You may want to mark this as your own answer so that this question will be closed.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...