Security

How to configure LDAP role mapping remotely?

jeanmatthieu
Explorer

Hi!

I have recently turned on LDAP authentication on my test server. It's sooooooo awesome 🙂 I can secure an index for a group of users in no time!

When I move this to production, I will no longer benefit from vi etc/system/local/authentication.conf privileges and thus I am looking for a solution to modify and further configure role mapping on a live system I cannot ssh/vi into.

I would be very grateful if you could point me to any REST API calls or web settings that I miss.

Thank you!

1 Solution

chanfoli
Builder

Role-mapping and related settings are manageable from splunk web with proper permissions under Settings->access controls then Roles or Authentication Method, depending on what you need to do. On the Authentication Method page there is a link to "Configure Splunk to use LDAP and map groups" which lets you change group mappings, view current LDAP users, etc.

View solution in original post

chanfoli
Builder

Role-mapping and related settings are manageable from splunk web with proper permissions under Settings->access controls then Roles or Authentication Method, depending on what you need to do. On the Authentication Method page there is a link to "Configure Splunk to use LDAP and map groups" which lets you change group mappings, view current LDAP users, etc.

jeanmatthieu
Explorer

Thanks! Looks like I am set

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...