Security

How do I access my local Splunk enterprise instance from another local computer on my network?

Marco
Communicator

Hi Splunkers,

I am trying to access my Splunk instance through another computer on my network. 

I have already added:

allowRemoteLogin = always

to the Server.conf file but that didn't work.

Any Suggestions? 

Thank you

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No settings should be necessary.  Just connect to the IP address of that computer and port 8000.  You may need to check your firewall settings, however.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

stephanefotso
Motivator

Hi, Just to be more explicit, 

1. Try to get the local IP address of the computer running Splunk. From de CLI run ifconfig if you run a linux system or ipconfig if you run a windows System instead --- lets say the ip addres you got there is 192.168.100.3

2. Also try to know on witch port your splunk Enterprise is running--- Lets say 8000

3. Now from the remot machine, oppen your browser and enter: 192.168.100.3:8000

4. It's done. 

SGF

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No settings should be necessary.  Just connect to the IP address of that computer and port 8000.  You may need to check your firewall settings, however.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Marco
Communicator

@richgalloway  You were right I had to modify my firewall settings.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...