Security

How can I open my ssh with putty with the free splunk version?

carlosrosete

Hello, download the trial version of splunk 8.0.1 but I want to access the SSH with putty but I don't know the configuration or how can I enter?

Cheers

Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you installed Splunk on your local system them there is nothing to configure. Just use putty to connect to localhost port 22.
If you installed Splunk on another server then you will need to make sure firewalls allow you to connect to the remote system via port 22.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

carlosrosete

Hello, how are you? Thank you for your answer, I tried to enter with the putty on port 22 but I cannot access, I don't know if I should have a configuration in the putty where it says host name or (ip addres)

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Putty will not connect without something in the host name field. That would be "localhost" if Splunk is installed on your own workstation or the name/IP address of the remote server where Splunk is running.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...