Security

How can I distribute user info across multiple search heads via deployment server ?

rakesh_498115
Motivator

Hi..

I have 4 SH's, out of which one is acting as a deployment server. The users created at deployment server should be passed to other search heads i.e other 3 SH's . How can I do that ?? Is there any specific configuration to push the users created in Splunk to other search heads ?? or do I need to manually copy the pwd file to every search head ??

Please help

Tags (2)
0 Karma

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

No, the users are in $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/passwd, and are not replicated accros search-heads or search-head-pooling.
While roles are defined in authorize.conf that is replicated from SH to indexers only.
you could copy the password file, but the personal objects saved on a search-head will not be replicated to the others.

The workaround is to use :

• search-head polling (to have the users profiles centralized across search-head)
  • and use a third party authentication (LDAP, AD, etc..) to centralize the login password.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...