Security

Every 90days Password change for SplunkWeb ID

kuga_mbsd

Hello Splunkers,

For audit purpose, we must set password rule which forces to SplunkWeb users to change password every 90days, however we dont have any external auth servers now.
Also, password strength policy must be in place as well, is there anyway to make it happen with local Splunk authorization?

Thanks in advance,
Tak

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi kuga_mbsd,

This is not possible with Splunk native user management to my knowing. There are some setting to define the password encryption and the minimum length of the password https://answers.splunk.com/answers/143631/splunk-configuration-of-password-encryption-and-complexity... but for anything else use an external authentication service such as AD or LDAP.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi kuga_mbsd,

This is not possible with Splunk native user management to my knowing. There are some setting to define the password encryption and the minimum length of the password https://answers.splunk.com/answers/143631/splunk-configuration-of-password-encryption-and-complexity... but for anything else use an external authentication service such as AD or LDAP.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

kuga_mbsd

Hello MuS,
Thank you for the comment.
I understood the Splunk native user management is very limited.
Will think about another options.

-Takashi

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...