Security

Error binding to LDAP. Reason="Invalid credentials"

daniel_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I am installing Splunk 6 for a customer who already has Splunk 5 running with LDAP. While configuring LDAP authentication, we encounter and therefore unable to save the LDAP configuration.

The AD admin is quite sure that he is keying the correct password and we tried it a few times.

I tried copying the content of authentication.conf in their old Splunk5 to the new Splunk 6 (together with the password), the invalid credentials still persists.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

daniel_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are sure your password is correct, check whether your password contains any special character. You can temporary change your password to simple text to verify.

View solution in original post

daniel_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

If you are sure your password is correct, check whether your password contains any special character. You can temporary change your password to simple text to verify.

AZYeti
Explorer

So I'm running in to this very problem. We changed the user to splunk1 and the password to Password1 and we're still getting the same error. Any leads to troubleshooting this problem? We tried looking at the user account and everything seems to be fine there meaning it's not locked in any way.

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Take a look at this answer https://answers.splunk.com/answers/50175/ldap-authentication-troubleshooting-information.html and test your user with some native LDAP tool. Also you can increase AuthenticationManagerLDAP logging in Splunk http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.3.1/Troubleshooting/WhatSplunklogsaboutitself using a log-local.cfg or start Splunk in debug mode.

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...